Wednesday, August 26, 2009

Fall Fashion Shopping List


This probably won't happen but I do have a Lady Dior Cannage bag on my list because of a picture on TheSartorialist that featured a very chic French girl carrying one with a messy top knot, camel wrap coat, and black leggings while smoking a cigarette. It's only chic if you carry it with everything.




Military jacket to juxtapose with "dressy" outfits such as satin skirts--never with jeans.




Vintage Ungaro dress in the manner of Chloe Sevigny

OR


An 80's dress or an 80's-inspired dress as seen above in the Altuzarra F/W 2009 collection. I believe Bebe is coming out with a silver lame ruched dress with one sleeve for $129. (Saw it in the August 2009 issue of American ELLE, page 276!)






Slim--but not skinny--white jeans. Tres chic. Any recommendations on brands and fits?



A few T by Alexander Wang tee-shirts




Vintage V-necked Lacoste sweaters in a variety of colors such as white, kelly green, maroon, navy, etc.



Leopard pony-fur flats. Sam Edelman makes one for $149. Saw it in the August 2009 issue of Vogue. (Supposedly Belgian Shoes, seen above, makes the most amazingly comfortable loafers. It's a WASP cult favorite but they're $310!)



Sperry Top-Siders or boating shoes. Rain-appropriate footwear










3 comments:

  1. Hi I've subcribed to your blog yesterday.

    That dress you mentioned in Altuzarra F/W 2009 collection is stunning! I too would like a dress like that or even similar...Oooh and look at the black fur boots she's wearing it that pic....I want I want I want!

    Brilliant post ;)

    http://thesophisticatedglamourgirl.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Ronette! Thanks for your sweet message :) The one I mention from Bebe has a very similar effect! It's in the August 2009 issue of American ELLE, page 276! Maybe I should post a picture!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your shopping list - I'm definitely on the hunt for fall clothing and can't wait until the weather cooperates enough to let me wear sweaters. In particular, I love the pony flats.

    ReplyDelete