Friday, August 28, 2009

A Taste of September


There was a hint of fall air last night in New York which whipped up a desire for me to get dressed up. Mind you, I've been living in t-shirts and American Apparel cordoroy shorts all week so I welcomed this opportunity with open arms! I dragged The Fiance off the sofa and ordered that we have a sushi dinner at BondSt and meet a friend of mine at Thom Bar for a drink afterwards.

I wore a Prada dove-grey top with an asymmetrical bow-tie detail, Dolce & Gabbana high-waisted satin leopard skirt, Alaia nude patent T-strap sandals, and a Chanel black satin evening clutch. No jewelry except for a thin little navy woven bracelet with wooden beads that a friend had picked up for me on a trip to South America.

Leopard seems to be all the rage this coming season and Dolce & Gabbana's leopard print is iconic (next to YSL, of course). I should've taken a close-up pic of the skirt--the pattern is sumptuous and looks almost real. Usually, I would pair this skirt with a white or black top but I think the grey softens the look.

3 comments:

  1. It's about time you post up pics of your outfit! I really love the skirt and top...tres chic. Obviously you know how I feel about the shoes. Looking fwd to more outfit posts, B.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You look VERY posh! I like it.

    Oh- can you email me? I wanted to invite you to my first event! September 8th for a pre-fashion week meetup. dreamsequins(at)gmail.com

    xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. The top is so sweet and anything with 'dove grey' in it is a definite winner for me! The silhouette of the skirt and top together is lovely and I like the fact that you have worn heels with it instead of flats-very sophisticated :)
    x
    p.s You have a great name!

    ReplyDelete