Wednesday, September 2, 2009

Dot, Dot, Dot...





Dotted stockings is a huge trend this fall. It adds a dose of 80's French chic to any ensemble and was featured in the Balenciaga Fall 2009 runway collection. I've been coming across many editorials that have used dotted stockings and credited a French hoisery company (which I haven't heard of) called Gerbe--surprised that Wolford and Fogal haven't been used.



Here's a link to the dotted style on Gerbe's website: http://www.gerbe.com/shopexd.asp?catalogid=54&nav=shop




Here's how the dotted tights looked on Balenciaga's runway with 80's-inspired ruched silk dresses:







I've been combing eBay for some vintage dresses like that, but I haven't had much luck! I love how the dresses were styled with black lace bandeaus. Any recommendations on where to find black lace bandeaus?

Grace Coddington, Creative Director at Vogue, used those dresses in a 1940's context in an editorial entitled "In the Mood," found in this month's issue:

Vogue - September 2009 - "In the Mood"





3 comments:

  1. I saw quite a few ads in Vogue and Bazaar with Gerbe tights and I want them!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the subtlety of the tights!

    This is so random but I was on etsy and came across this and thought of your post:

    http://www.etsy.com/view_listing.php?ref=vl_other_1&listing_id=31228172

    Thought I'd share since you were looking! I have to say it's not exactly what I'm looking for in a black lace bandeau but I think it comes the closest so far in my search?

    ReplyDelete
  3. love love it!
    i've been all about tights this month:
    http://glammed.blogspot.com/search/label/tights

    ReplyDelete