Thursday, April 30, 2009

Fashion Superhero: Carrie Bradshaw


I love this limited edition chain-mail/Liberty print top by Balenciaga. What a statement!




This look reminds me of Diana Vreeland's legendary eccentric style. Here, Carrie is wearing a Prada sweater as a headwrap! Seems like something my college roommate would've done...





Carrie always made mix-matched prints work together--starfish and flowers!






The draping on this dress is gorgeous. This is the dress where she runs into Big unexpectedly on the boat party. And, this, girlies, is how you want to look when you run into the man that broke your heart: f*cking fabulous.





Channeling Jackie O., in vintage Halston and oversized sunnies, when she was dating "The Politician."




Stunning. Remember when chandelier earrings were all the rage?






(Only wear mid-driff baring tops if you have a mid-driff that's worthy.)





SJP had to wear this bubble dress to conceal her pregnancy during this season of shooting. It's perfect for Carrie--especially accessorized with the wrist corsage.




An unexpectedly playful updo offsets classic elegance.



If only I can find a vintage silk floral opera coat like this...! J'adore the Biba platforms!






The fringe and embroidered details make this Dolce & Gabbana dress a true showpiece. She still looks fabulous with a bare face and simple ponytail.





Ah, the signature vintage mink...





Wish I could pull off this look.





I should try the lacy-bra-peeking-out-of-the-dress thing sometime.





Fabulous Oscar de la Renta dress.





Beautifully composed for her last night with Big before he moves to Napa Valley: sexy, sultry, and unforgettable.





I've always loved this gown!!!




Everything--and I mean everything--about this outfit works.



1 comment:

  1. What a brilliant post! Oh I just love SJP, so many of my clothes purchases have been influenced by particular SATC episodes... I wish I could wear heels like she does.
    Love your blog!

    ReplyDelete