Sunday, June 21, 2009

My Favorite Looks from "The Spectrum's Ends" (Vogue, July 2009)


This look makes me think of Holly Golightly. It's exactly the sort of attention-grabbing ensemble that I imagine a 1960's New York party girl would wear to catch the eye of a suave billionaire.




This is what I would call "the urban uniform." I like how Lazaro Hernandez and Jack McCollough of Proenza Schouler were designing this collection for the real city girls that they know.




The draping in this collection was dramatic and sumptuous. Nicolas Ghesquiere transformed the "tux" into something dramatically feminine.




Alber Elbaz of Lanvin is a master at creating effortless volume!




I've always loved the detailed embroidery work in peasant blouses and I personally like to contrast them with something more luxurious like a black satin pencil skirt.




If you have this issue, you can see that this skirt is completely beaded. Amazing. I love that it's paired with a slim black turtleneck--the effect is very modern, intelligent and elegant.

No comments:

Post a Comment